Thursday, April 24, 2014

10 min hack #4

I frequently use a label maker for various label tasks, like labelling sockets!
It lives in a draw and to use I got to get it take 2 steps to the right, plug it in, print label, unplug it, take two steps to the left, place it back in the drawer, and close the drawer. Way to many steps there. In distance and processes. 
So having FINALLY figuring out how to get said drawer out, I drilled a 10mm hole in the back. I had no grommet of that size so I used some low friction tape to avoid the coating of the wires wearing down over time. The length of the cord is perfect as the plug serves as a counter weight to avoid the cord getting tangled behind the drawer. 


A couple of cable ties inside the drawer to secure the cable and job done! I can now make a label inside a drawer yay! Total cost $8 which was the cost to buy another 9v dc adaptor to replace the one used here. 





No comments:

Post a Comment