So the following work was done.
- Full nut and bolt teardown
- Sand to bare metal and respray.
- Bearings were in perfect shape, no movement side to side and spun freely.
- Power switch also in very good shape, almost no wear to the contact pads.
- Low friction tape applied to metal on metal contact points.
- New power lead attached.
- No bolts were included to keep the side door closed, so a 6mm thread was tapped to allow for the star knobs on the side.
All in all i'm rather pleased with the outcome. It was great to get some more practice with the spray gun. Hopefully now with its mid life update it'll continue to function for years to come.
Till next time.