Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Sous Vide MK3!

Finally finished the sous vide MK 3! Yay!


A work co worker of my partner deemed this urn not working and was going to gently place in the trash. Luckily my partner saved it from the trash fro me! I plugged the urn in and it works fine. Win!

I made a box from some previously laminated cedar and pine, might as well look pretty, much nicer them bare MDF.

Inside the box is a solid state relay (SSR) and the visible digital temp controller. My previous post on this digital temp controller didn't work. It had a relay output suitable for a mechanical relay (which are expensive and don't have a high duty cycle) So back to the shops and $15 later i've got one that outputs to SSR.

Its brilliant! It holds the temp at the exact temp set. The other one varies by about +/- 3 degrees. That is no good for eggs, the difference between  cooking them at 63 degrees and 65 is major. The SSR is capable for switching the heating element multiple times per second with explains why it hold its temp so well.

So win, should be able to fit a lot of ribs in this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment